3lbs ground Meat ( I used buffalo, pork, and beef. A pound of each is best)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 large tomato diced OR organic canned
4-5 garlic cloves chopped
8 Bell peppers
1 yellow onion chopped
1 Tbsp. Paprika
2 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (parsley, sage, basil)
- 1 head of cauliflower shredded
- OPTIONAL ADD: chopped spinach, chopped carrots added before simmering meat to cook. Cook the stuffed peppers with a piece of bacon on top.
Preheat oven 350 degrees Foil a large cookie sheet or use shallow large glass pan.
In a large skillet add coconut oil and onion. Cook down until soft and add garlic until fragrant. Add meat, salt, pepper, seasonings and start to brown. Add cauliflower and simmer until meat is fully cooked. Clean out bell peppers and if need be, cut the bottoms until they stand on pan even. Stuff peppers and cook for 50 minutes to one hour. I used a simple tomato sauce and spiced it up for the top. The peppers are very juicy without any sauce because of the pork. If you choose to use just ground beef you might want to cook the peppers with a piece of bacon on top. This is a hearty meal and excellent the next day for leftovers. Serve with your favorite salad.