Here is a classic recipe made paleo. The recipe calls for ghee which you can easily substitute with Creamed Coconut, coconut oil, or coconut butter. This can be prepared as pan style, bread loaf, or muffins. Do not overcook, as with most paleo baking, because the bread might get too dry…
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (I like the Coconut Secret brand, raw coconut crystals)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted ghee OR Creamed Coconut OR Coconut Oil OR Coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional ADD: Walnuts, cocoa powder, or favorite roasted nut.
- Preheat oven to 350 F; generously grease 8″ baking pan with oil, or you can use muffin cups or a loaf pan.
- Whisk together the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or another large mixing bowl if you’re using a hand mixer), mix the eggs, bananas, sugar, cinnamon, ghee and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Mix in the almond flour mixture in three additions on low speed, mixing well and scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Recipe given to readypaleo by: Natalie Gussin, CrossFit Ready athlete